Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Soft, and gone...

Just wrapping up with the FLIK 2008 International Film Festival, held at ART WHINO, at the new National Harbor in MD. I premiered my short film (from an installation) that explores jazz, color and improvisation and tributes Thelonious Monk and Romare Bearden; two of the greats, and huge influences on me. In fact, Visual Jazz Media gets its very name from the great Romare Bearden. The film is titled, FUNKYMONK (image below), and is still very much a work-in-progress, as I am adding more scenes and animation.

As summer draws to a close, I look forward to a very productive year, season, etc. . Working on some paintings, motion paintings (videos) and more. I am da'studio! Here is a wonderful artist/animator, Michel Levy, who is going in the direction I am going, her stuff is off da' chain. I'll post some images soon. Oh, wait...here is one for the time being:







Peace.

TM

No comments: